- Infrastructure complexity and maintenance continue to negatively impact the agility of midmarket infrastructure and operations (I&O) teams.
- Budgets have kept many viable alternatives to best-of-breed solutions out of the reach of midsize enterprises.
- The tight coupling of hyperconverged systems does not align to existing roles within midmarket I&O teams. Consequently, midmarket I&O leaders will need to redefine long-standing roles and responsibilities.
- Highly virtualized midsize enterprises with fewer than 200 VMs should opt for hyperconverged infrastructure.
- Hyperconverged integrated systems (HCIS) adoption should include concurrent I&O organizational restructuring to better align with hyperconverged solutions, especially if infrastructure silos of server, storage and network groups exist.
- Ensure that HCIS providers identify ultimate account management and support responsibilities, particularly when working through a partner.
[to continue, click HERE]